Friday, September 22, 2006

Van Fanning - It's My Job


The weather has changed drastically. We had rain a few days ago that brought a cold front and it's been cool and windy ever since. I actually closed my bedroom window last night. This morning at 5:30 when I brought the green bin up to the road it was pretty chilly but the temp says 10; warmer than it felt with the north wind. The stars were brilliant in the clear, cool sky though. There's always a silver lining.

Bigggggg news. My little 2 and 3/4 year old grandson called me last night, very excited. He'd pooped in the potty for the first time. As I said, big news! I have such an exciting life!

I've been looking at clips on Youtube and have found it a great way to listen to music and see bands. I'd looked at several before and of course funny ones that we always receive as links in our e-mails. Now I'm using the search button and finding ones I want to see. It's my new hobby!
I'm a huge Van Fan, only saw him live once but yearn to see him again. This one I'm pretty positive is from A Night in San Fransisco, though it doesn't say so. It's Van and John Lee Hooker doing Gloria and this one is Van doing This Weight. Here's another version of Van and Brian Kennedy doing Tupelo Honey like they do in A Night in San Fransisco but from another concert. This one melds to Why Must I Always Explain. Brian also sings with Van on This Weight. He's got such a great voice.....so sweet and clear, a good contrast to Van who is far from sweet and clear.

You just know that today's music has to be Van. One of his most favorite and famous bootlegs is live from Montreaux 1990. Here's a couple of cuts from it: Baby, Please Don't Go and Caravan. The Window's file system has put the album in alphabetical order so kind of ruined the feel of the whole live concert. I've got tons of Van music but like all music that I have, only a bit of it gets put on the Music Page. Any requests? I actually won a Van and John Lee bootleg on the day John Lee died.

3 comments:

Ocean said...

I thought it was huge news that he pooped too, I was so excited!

Anonymous said...

LOL,He pooped again?Damn.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Now noone cares when I poop!

- A