Thursday, December 06, 2007

Wishin' and Hopin'


It was a nice day today with nice moderate temperatures. It was supposed to be sunny by early afternoon but just now, as it is about to get dark, the horizon has brightened. The sun is going to come out as it gets dark. That sounds pretty funny but it's true. It is blue out right now - very pretty.

I am stressed about winter already. The part I dislike most is happening. Driving and all that it is necessary to do it are the worst part of winter to me. I have been stuck already after two snows. My son has already been stuck. I am parked at the top of my driveway for one more night because I have to be somewhere early tomorrow morning but will eventually have to come down. The plow would cover the car if it stayed up there. The plow operators have reported me to the police before and I've been told to go down. I've killed my back shoveling already. I know this is all negative but it's reality. If I had a car and driver I'd be fine with winter but never in a million years am I going to have that. Reality.

Now to turn it all around and be positive and manifest a driver and car I can wish and hope or have someone do it for me. Here are a couple of versions of a sixties song that I remember well; the original Wishin' and Hopin' by Dusty Springfield and a nice cover by Ani DeFranco.

There seems to be a problem with Putfile. Actually someone just commented on Shutterchance that a song wouldn't play. I'd better check this out. I will upload the songs when I can. How's a girl supposed to manifest a car and driver. My goodness. Blogger seems to be having a problem too and I can't upload a photo. Is Mercury in retrograde again. I've tried four times. I'll get back with that too I guess.

No comments: