Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sun Time


I could use another day off but it's not to be. I fell asleep on the couch before ten and had one of the best sleeps in a long time. I was making up for lost sleep, perhaps?

One month today my grandkids will be waking up in beds here at my house. I am so looking forward to this time. The fact that I usually visit them in the spring but did not this year has made a difference. My little granddaughter was calling me Grandpa on the phone. That proves it's too long. It's a year and a quarter since I've seen her and she's only two and three quarters so she really can't remember me, I don't think. My daughter in law sends photos of the kids but I don't send any back. Number one, I don't want to break the camera. Two, I don't want to scare the kids.

We did not get the thunderstorm so the humidity is still here though there's a lovely breeze. When I'm finished here, I'm going outside until work time. I need some sunshine.

I've had John Hiatt's song, Have a Little Faith In Me, stuck in my head for days - ever since it played on a play list I was listening to while doing housework on Tuesday. If I put it up here maybe I can transfer it to someone else and pick up a new one for me. Here's John's version and a slow one by Patty Larkin.

No comments: