Sunday, April 28, 2013

Glorious Day of Greening


It has been a spectacular but chilly day on PEI.  The sun has been shining all day and doing it's job but the cold north wind has kept the temperature down.  My hometown, on the mainland, three and a half hours away by car, was to have a high of 20 degrees.  We were expecting 6 - 8 here on the Island. 



We woke to a bit of green in our lawns after days of cool rain and cloudiness.  Now at the end of one day we have perfectly green carpets of grass, spun from pure sunlight, cool as the temperature was.  There was not a cloud in the sky. I can only think of a complete transformation of the lawns in a few hours one other time but that was witnessing rain after a drought. Everyone is surely thinking of their lawnmowers or golf games by the end of today.

My son and his girlfriend dropped by to help me with a stone wall that had to be rebuilt.  We got it done in minutes as I had everything laid out.  I needed help lifting the stones but knew just how they were going to fit. In a while I went to his house to bring him a tool I had been using that he needed. When I got to his house a beautiful, very friendly, grey kitty was waiting at the door and meowing loudly to be let in, rushing repeatedly to the door. Thing is, this was not my son's cat. Though this kitty was making it seem like it belonged here, it did not.


My son and I met in the back yard, kitty followed and acted like a long lost friend with my son too. We talked and interacted for about ten minutes then my son let his cat outside.  The cats immediately ran to each other and went into cat sniffing, nose to nose, mode. They seemed to like each other fine. He was going to check with all the neighbours to find where this cat belonged, so there are no worries.


I did heavy gardening work all day and am bone tired but not brain tired, if you know what I mean.  I probably should have had a bath for my overused muscles but needed to blog instead to sing out about this really great day that turned eastern PEI a glorious green; at last, spring.

8 comments:

Linda said...

What lovely photos. Hello from Montreal!

Cuidado said...

Hello, Linda. Glad you dropped in.

Ocean said...

Cute kitty, I wish I was in pei! Love you

Cuidado said...

I wish you were here too, Darling. Perhaps it is time for you to get a kitty too.

Ginnie Hart said...

I know what you mean, Cuidado. It's happening to us here in the Netherlands, too, finally. It's still cool...in the 40s and 50s...but we don't need to turn the heat on, which is nice. Great weather for being outside, especially if the sun is shining.

Carol Tiffin James said...

Everything is so lovely here in Maine,too! Just gorgeous weather, and every morning when I leave for work around dawn, the birds greet me with their chirping.

Bob Bushell said...

It must be fantastic to live in such a place, though too cold. Brilliant images of the Heron fishing.

Cuidado said...

It's what you get used to, Bob, but you are right about being a great place to live.