Monday, January 18, 2010

Moving Day


I sit here, exhausted, in new surroundings. I've been thinking about and hemming and hawing about changing my studio space into something more workable for a long time. Today was 'doing it' day at last. I've only just begun but have all of the painting supplies moved to this room and partially set up. I will tackle the empty room on Wednesday as tomorrow is completely booked. That room I will set up with beads and jewelry supplies and for once will be able to practice two crafts at once. If a glass commission comes in it is much easier to clean up the room of beads than painting paraphernalia. They are all in trays that are easily stacked and put away in their storage spot in a half hour.

The window I will look out of when painting is filled with old blue bottles and heart shaped shells and rocks. It might be inspiring. I am leaving a patio door sized view with a large bit of light. Now I will have two large windows with a light source from two directions, one being north. I think it will be very good.

I've been spending time with two women who recently had their heart's broken in relationships. One woman is young and one is in her fifties. It matters not the age. The feelings are the same. I am feeling heartbroken too watching what these women are going through. The music today is for them.

Here's Sea of Heartbreak by Gray Sky Girls. I know the Roseanne Cash version is hot right now. I have her new album and her Dad's version but I like this cut better and have played it here before. The other song is true in both of these cases. The Guy Who Says Goodbye to You Is Out of His Mind by Griffin House. The men who have hurt these wonderful women so badly will be the losers in the long run.

8 comments:

Blue Bird said...

Great photos! Very interesting blog.
I am a follower now! Thanks for sharing! Love: Blue Bird :-)

splendid said...

i love the blue bottle with the stems
reminds me so of the vick's vapor rub as a child

Cuidado said...

Thank you, Blue Bird. Welcome to the mad house.

Cuidado said...

Thanks, splendid. These are the old Milk of Magnesia bottles. I have all sorts of old blue bottles there. Here's a photo of my favorite:
http://justpictureit.shutterchance.com/photoblog/A_Frosty_Window/

Dan said...

That's what I want - a dedicated space of my own to work in. No room here...

It's something an artist needs: a place to work and relax; a place to concentrate and meditate; a place to create new things or to admire past creations; somewhere to find solitude and somewhere to welcome new clients and old friends.

Good luck with your new space!

Cuidado said...

I've been thinking of you, Dan, wondering what's up. I've always had a great studio but shared it between three disciplines that could not share space at the same time. The new set up is great though I spilled a whole lot of black paint on the rug in the study. Had not taken that possibility into consideration.

Dan said...

Ahhh...but you call the paint stain a work of art, not an accident...

Cuidado said...

Hey, Dan, I could tell you a story of a wonderful paint stain that is part of this house. It will remain forever but I think I may try a bottle of alcohol on this new one.