Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer and Time


My, it's been a long time. I've been working very hard and have not had a chance to get back to this sorryfully neglected blog. I predicted it. I can't keep up with it all. An Island Walk and Pictures and Pursuits are easy in that I only have to upload photographs. I do take photographs constantly so have lots to choose from to keep things fresh. Younger bloggers have an advantage as far as stamina goes and older bloggers who are retired have extra time to contribute. I am between two worlds and have a demanding job. I don't want to complain; it's just reality.

I got to the beach since I last was here. I went in the morning one day before work; just to say I'd been there and while I was there, snapped a few photos. I plan to get to the beach this week too if that's what it takes. I want to go to a favorite spot in a bikini (where no one sees me) rather than in business attire but I will get there when I can. I had several driving in the country errands today and have to go to town tomorrow or Wednesday. That's life for the seasonally employed in this beautiful province. 'You make hay while the sun shines' is the old adage.

My aunt and uncle who spend there lives feeding, housing, spaying and neutering and caring for their entire neighbourhood's cats are having a very sad time. They lost one of their family. They had a thirteen year old brother and sister pair of cats and lost the brother, Tommy, their beloved. I sent them special momentoes and sympathy cards etc. today. The music today is for them. They're jazz lovers so I recommend Toot's Thielemans with Over the Rainbow and to introduce them to something other than jazz is Chris Stills with When the Pain Dies Down. It's a rainy day here and this came to mind and fits their loss. Let's hope 'their dam becomes a river.'

No comments: