Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back and Forth


I have been in the garden all day today and am exhausted. I seem to have said that here last week and maybe the week before. I am about a quarter of the way through removing the couch grass from the vegetable garden. It's a long and painful process. I have to keep telling myself that it will be worth it for completely organic vegetables. I can get fresh veggies all summer but they are not organic and that makes a difference to me.

Yesterday was extremely windy so I did not garden. I went adventuring with a friend and had a marvelous day. He found a VHS copy of an old movie I had been looking for for years so we made an evening out of our adventure too and watched it. The movie was The Egg and I which is the precursor to the Ma and Pa Kettle movies from my youth. I had the book, lost it, this friend found one for me and now the movie. I was thrilled to see it again.

For music: Tim Seely with On Film I Play Myself and Great Lake Swimmers - with Moving Pictures Silent Films .

No comments: