Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Bay



I didn't go to the beach for sunset last night but plan to tonight. The sky was cloudless yesterday but we should have skies like the above for tonight. Thats what the clouds look like now, in daylight. More dramatic actually. There is an higher, unmoving layer and the bottom layer is swiftly drifting past. Really fabulous! There are still thunderheads to the north. We had a thunder storm already and possibly they aren't over yet.

I'm so glad I chose the sun yesterday. Cleaning and groceries came soon enough today. I didn't relish the idea of being in Charlottetown on the last day of shopping before school opens in the morning so opted for the small town grocery store. It was beautiful weather and I had a few errand stops on the way so it was nice to be out with the thunderstorm brewing.

Bring Me a Boat
by Kate Rusby is a cry for help. The statistics I mentioned yesterday did not include the first three days of September, in which we've had heavy rains for two of the three days. Bring Me a Boat! Katie Melua is right next to Kate Rusby in my music files so here is If You Were a Sailboat. Have to think about that one....

There hasn't been much sunshine outside since I've been in this chair and it's getting quite dark with clouds so showers may be imminent. I hope I get to go down to the bay. Darn, I hear thunder.

5 comments:

Ralph said...

I do love that Katie Melua song.

Cuidado said...

Glad you like it, Ralph. She definitely has a style.

Carol Tiffin James said...

Gorgeous picture, as usual!

Cuidado said...

Thanks, Carol. I did not get down to the shore as planned. In a couple of hours, it had completely clouded over.

Anonymous said...

hello,

is it only me or do the links to the two songs (Kate Rusby & Katie Melua) not actually work?