Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Watery Days


I am having a different kind of dinner party tonight. I am bringing dinner to my colleagues at work. When my mother-in-law was alive, she always invited my sister-in-law and I to dinner when she made Orange Mackerel. No one else in our families liked the strong fish. I make it now and then and invite my sister-in-law but she can't come tonight as it is her son's birthday and she is having her family over for supper. I have five mackerel marinating and that's too many for just me so the perfect solution is to share with someone.

I have someone coming over for some flowers in the garden but we'll be out there in the rain. We've had thunder and some heavy showers this afternoon but the morning was nice. I so badly need some sun and am a little miffed that my days off are rainy and the others are to be fine. If it's not raining hard tomorrow I may walk on the beach anyway as I have a real need to get there sooner rather than later.

Today's music comes from The Avette Brothers. If It's The Beaches and Sea and the Rhythm are perfect songs for what's on my mind.

1 comment:

Kat said...

The picture is just striking. It's like the whole world in droplets.
Thanks!