Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bright Out of Dark


I had the best time yesterday. Besides company with friends and a great dinner, I got an awesome walk in the woods. The autumn colours are just beginning their display and it was a gorgeous crisp, sunny day. We came out of the woods at almost dark. While in the woods it actually did seem dark as the sun was pretty well cut out from the thick, high trees. We were in pretty deep woods. Awesome!!!!!

I got my granddaughter's birthday gift off today. Whew! It was to the wire as to arriving on time for her birthday but I had wanted to include other things. I'm going to price couriers for Christmas parcels as Canada Post's prices have become so outrageous.

One of the songs still needing to be replaced on the music pages is Johnny Cash's version of Long Black Veil. I've mentioned how I love that old song and he does a fine version of it. While I was in the Cash file I noticed he does a version of Sea of Heartbreak which was a popular song of the sixties. I don't remember who did it back then but we had the 45.

No comments: