Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Beach Is Free


My morning has gone by way to quickly and I've little time left to post. The photo is the last shot I took on my beach walk yesterday. It was lovely as you can imagine. When the tide is this low some sand bars are visible that can be seen very seldom. Clam diggers would be out in great numbers for these low June tides. A fellow came to my workplace the other day offering a bucket of bar clams to whoever wanted them. I had my two days off fully planned and cooking and preparing bar clams just would not fit in so I didn't take him up on the offer but someone did.

An unplugged version of The Beach is Free by Billy Bragg is the song of the day. Wishing I could take you all to the beach brings the second song. I'll Take You There by The Staple Singers was a favorite song of mine in the early seventies. I came across this version by Cece and Bebe Winans and it's very good if you like that funky soul sound.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful
I wish that I could have been there with you.
Love You
Cath

Ralph said...

Gorgeous scene, and gorgeously captured, Cuidado.

Cuidado said...

Cath, I kept thinking of the summer K was here and we'd go down after supper. Wish you were here too. Love, C.

Cuidado said...

Thanks, Ralph. It was very nice.