Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Easy?


I took yesterday off so can't skip out today. I'm involved with my hardest challenge - drawing - and get totally absorbed . I had the beginnings of a design when my aunt was here but it has blossomed into a whole lot more and is not yet in it's final stages. I am also varnishing solely, after finally finishing with painting yesterday. It's been a siege!

Sis in law just left and we discussed the problems of the world but came up with little. Some days we seem to have all the answers. Today, only questions. She gave me advice on the drawing and I was really pleased. Are there any other people who can draw well out there?? Aunt J is gone. I'm on my own here.

Music is always here, playing along, encouraging the artist within. My aunt says I have to slow down, have a model or somewhere to start. I start in my head. I want what is in my head to come out - easy and immediately. For that there is a song or two. This is my prayer for today: Easy by Lex Land and Make it Easy by Dr. Hook. These songs make it seem possible. I know I'll have this drawing done in another day or two but I certainly stress along the way.

I took a walk in the beautiful sunshine today to de-stress. I'm sure it was helpful but a maid and cook would be great too. While I'm praying for life to0 become easy I could add....

4 comments:

Ralph said...

When I was a kid I used to trace pictures and got really good at it, and I did one or two paintings when I was very young. My father was a good sketch artist and my sister can still draw, and that talent has fallen to her third youngest daughter, who has a (very struggling) career as a trompe l'oeil artist, doing murals and whole-room makeovers back when the wealthy had change to spare for such things. I never really developed an interest in producing that kind of art, though I marvel at its execution, especially glass.

Cuidado said...

I'm struggling today too. I have basically what I want with too many embellishments. I have to take some away. I've never been good at knowing when to stop. I'm stressed!

Carol Tiffin James said...

What a wonderful drawing! Why, you are just full of talent!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ma. who drew that picture? I was positive it was a pic of K+S (they do this all the time, S always has her hair pinned, it looks like S's blankie, and we that looks like their 'reading chair'. But it says 2006??
- A