Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friends


A bit of an early post today. I'm leaving soon to have a Scrabble game at a friend's house, dinner, then possibly another game of Scrabble. I haven't had a game in a while though it was once a very regular activity. I've not been keeping my chops up in any other way either so don't expect to do well.

I was at another friend's house for a lovely dinner last night and visited a friend who needed some support yesterday afternoon. Winter can be very hard on those who live on very, very moderate means. I'm just glad to be able to help.

All winter I've been remembering the predicament I was in last year at this time. I needed help in so many ways and friends came through for me. My sister journeyed to take care of me for two weeks, my sister in law became my chauffeur from late December till mid-April, my son shoveled snow, a friend loaned me button up shirts, other friends calmed my mind and listened to me whine about the unfairness of it all and others brought food. I appreciated these kindnesses very much and will never forget them. I've always given a helping hand to my friends and hope to watch it turn round and round amongst us all, giving and receiving help in turn.

Here are some songs that came to mind during this post:

No comments: