Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Catching Up


I must admit I'm having a difficult time keeping up with all the blogs with my aunt visiting. We are extremely busy. Yesterday I had to get a rental car to drive while my car is being repaired from the accident that happened over a month ago. We also had to go to town to get some additional art supplies. We left home before 9 am and didn't get home till 6 o'clock. That is more shopping than I would usually do in months.

We had to do a lot of digging but found the products we were looking for. My aunt doesn't usually work in acrylics and was finding them drying too quickly. We wanted extenders and other products to keep the paint workable longer. We also found a wet palate system to keep the paint from drying out on the palate. I have no problem as I use smaller amounts of paint but everyone has their methods and since the acrylics are new to her, it takes a little adjusting.

We painted up a storm today and everything worked well. I am still trying to finish everything I started so that I can change the studio over to glass for the window I've been commissioned to make. I still have a lot to do before that.

I heard on the radio yesterday that John Martyn had died and read of it today on Kat's blog, Keep The Coffee Coming. His name is linked to his website, Kat's blog has some info and three songs and here is the Wikipedia page on him. I posted his song Sunshine Better in the summer and her's a couple more, Dancing and one we've all heard before, Singin' In the Rain.

No comments: