Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Trails


Two more sleeps and I'll be in the air. Everything but my toothbrush and medication is packed and I'm raring to go. The cats know I'm leaving. They always do. I find one of them in my bag every time I go upstairs. The bag in a guest room, on a bed with things all around it and both cats have taken to sleeping in there in the daytime. We will miss each other, my kitties and I, but they will gets of love from my son who will be home soon.

I will miss music too. I play music all the time but most people don't. I questioned my aunt about it over the year and found out they rarely play music. If they do, it's country. I may bring a cd or two along with the cd of photos I made for her. I have to design a window I have a commission for and music is necessary for me when any cre8ive tasks are at hand.

I grew up with country music. It has always been my parents choice and I love a lot of it too. I'm not very familiar with modern country but the old country of Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash and all those, I am very familiar with. I Fall To Pieces by Patsy Cline was a favorite of my mothers. We'd all be singing that at the top of our lungs, accompanying the 33 1/2 record. My brother and I made up a game called I Fall To Pieces and we'd sing it while we played. I've got a great version of the song by Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood. My mom would have loved it. I actually may have played it to her years ago as I had the cassette it is from, Country-Soul. Song number two is Border Line from the lovely David Francey who I've seen in concert quite a few times.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

My mother, a city girl from the streets of DC, was a big country music fan, too, but back then it was called "hillbilly music." It was long before the Tammy Wynettes and even the Loretta Lynns came along to civilize it. I'd come home from school and there would be my mother, sitting at her Mangle iron, listening to the hillbilly music station. As a result, Jim Reeves. Red Foley and Eddie Arnold had as much a place at the muscial table at our house as Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra, and Mozart. Great way to grow up.

Cuidado said...

I think you're right, Ralph. I love all music as you've probably figured out by now.