Friday, December 22, 2006

The Fifties


The fridge is full, the presents are finished and Christmas can now happen.

Our dinner party with old friends of thirty years was wonderful. In the early 80's we had a series of 50's parties. We looked at the photos from those parties last night and oh, they were great! Two of our friends are no longer with us and to see photos of those two having fun and looking like they'd live forever was awakening in itself. Out last party was "The Prom" and we had photos taken under the 1950 sign. I was pregnant at the time so I looked like the pregnant high school girl at the prom. Too funny!

I suggested that now we're all in our 50's we should resume the 50's parties but with the 50's meaning something different all together. No, we won't be discussing menopause or our aches and pains.

I don't have 50's jive music in my collection but have a couple of songs from that era that bring back my childhood. Catch A Falling Star by Perry Como and Que Sera Sera by Doris Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who did you have diinr with Mom?

- Aaron

Ocean said...

I really like that picture for some reason. I want to start having theme parties!!