Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reflections and Deflections



Is the world still spinning? A lot of my friends and myself are going through some serious, life altering times. Just being disabled for six weeks is sending me into a tailspin but others are having more serious tremors. All we can do is help each other through these trying times and be the best support we can be for each other. We are having a bit of a storm and I can't drive so am unable to help someone who really needs me tonight. The telephone will help, I suppose.

I went to a short notice dinner party last night thanks to my daughter, who left today. We had dinner plans already but she thought connecting that with some dear old friends was more important. Bless her kind little heart. We had a delicious dinner and some great catching up conversation. Friendship is more important than any ship. I've had a trying time in the friendship department in the last year and consider that the person who didn't value my friendship to be the one who has missed out. I am a good friend.

The music today has nothing to do with friendship or trying times. I had to upload a song to fit another post and that song was In A Graveyard from the newest album by Rufus Wainwright. I love his dad, Loudon Wainwright III, so have Cardboard Boxes, a song I really like, as selection number two.

No comments: