Monday, December 10, 2007

The Happy Dance


I made a wonderful discovery today. I have been thinking that my stereo was broken since the night I had a party during an electrical storm back in July or August. I've been using a boom box since then. I discovered today that it is fine and was only unplugged. I guess one of my party guests unplugged it, tired of hearing the same song over and over which was happening each time the power went off momentarily.

I was going to move a lamp that I only use for the stereo and when I went to unplug it, found that it was the only plug in the socket. How happy am I about this? Extremely. I was going to look for a replacement after Christmas as I was frustrated with having to use a terrible boom box if I wanted music to be heard in far corners of the house. I have the computer for use in the immediate room but it's sound doesn't reach far. You have to know I'm happy dancing.

I have a glass commission and I am stressed about the first part, a design. It's the hardest part of the process for me. There is no real hurry so that eases it up a bit.

Music is happy dancing music. First, already up songs One, Two, and Three. New today, Before This Time by Ollabelle and an old, early seventies dance song, Tighten Up with Archie Bell and the Drells. I haven't been on my usual busy hiking schedule and will be going back to dancing on the off days. A bonus now I have good sound that volume won't distort.

No comments: