Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With The Old? No Way!


My sister-in-law is my new hero. She drove me to the hospital and back in a snowstorm after I dislocated my shoulder again this morning. She is much more brave than I will ever be. I have driven through storms in emergencies and know how stressful it is. She got a migraine headache soon after we arrived at the hospital but through modern medication was able to stop it before it took hold. I have to think of something special to do for her. Any ideas or suggestions?

It is going to be a very long road to recovery for this shoulder. The doctor explained just how unstable it is. It popped out very easily when I was drying myself after a bath. I've been a bit off balance since the injury and when the other arm is busy with something, my whole body, not just the shoulder, is unstable.

It's New Years Eve. My crazy son is going to drive through the storm to go to a party. I strongly object to this but he is an adult and has made his decision. The visibility and roads are going to get much worse as wind is forecast.

To hear a bunch of New Years Eve songs go to The Late Greats. The Duke has a post highlighting many different songs but with the name New Year's Eve. I am going to reprise some favorites for me this past year. The songs are not even necessarily from this year, they were just favorites of mine this year. Feist's, 1,2,3,4 was from this year and I thought it was a great song. It has been heard widely and has even been in a commercial so, I'm not alone in liking this song. Here are some that I really dug but not in any particular order. My Singing Soul by Soel, To The Fallen by Ruthie Foster, Long Ride Home by Patty Griffin, Walk Around the Lake by Lost In The Trees, The Story by Brandi Carlile, and Got Up This Morning by Sage France and Jolie Holland. This is just a few. One more you say? OK here is Colin Hay with I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over Losing You. It wins for longest title too.

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Happy New Year Mama, I love you and Miss you!!!!

Cuidado said...

Happy New Year to you too, Darling. hope you're having fun.