Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Calm and Beauty Between Storms


Tonight we are expecting our third snowstorm since Sunday night. This is shaping up to be a winter like '99/'00 when it snowed and snowed and snowed - almost every day. Today was sunny and beautiful though which was nice for everyone out with their shovels.

Typing with one hand is difficult but when a cat wants to lie on that hand , it's darned near impossible. She's finally given up. I wasn't sure if it would be me or her.

My arm is more painful after yesterday's re-injury. I think I wrenched everything in there in a major way. The bruising from the ripped tendons is extensive which brings us to Jolie Holland who has a couple of songs with suitable titles for the day. Old Fashioned Morphine was up in July this year but has gone. Here it is again and also Black Hand Blues. If it was Black Arm Blues and New Fashioned Ibuprophen would be more appropriate but.....what can you do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful snowy scene. It's too bad you can't fully enjoy the winter.

Cuidado said...

I was so looking forward to snowshoeing as there hadn't been enough snow the last few years and my area is really great for it.