Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mojo


We've had a really lovely day today, partly pearly clouds, partly blue skies. I went walking and it was marvelous, filling me with a great energy but tiring me at the same time. I swear walking is like medicine.

The photo is of the pond today. Three weeks ago it was a huge solid sheet of skating ice. Here it is from that day. Today there are two pairs of ducks in it, happy to have some water to swim in. The pond is different every day of the year and that's why I love it so. The sky is like that too, though it can change by the moment.

One of the really, really essential songs is the version of Joy by Bettye LaVette. It was my favorite song of '05 or '06, whenever it came out. Lucinda Williams' version is still there and so is Ruthie Fosters' though it is a different song, same name. Since I get another how about Got My Mojo Workin' by Clarence Gatemouth Brown.

It's very strange. I am on song 100 on Page One today after it being 500 songs for so long. At least it's all (kind of) still working. It's the only reason I'm here.

No comments: