Monday, January 21, 2008

Beans, Bibs and Birds


The smell of home-made baked beans are wafting through the house. I can't safely take them out of the oven so I've turned the oven off and they can sit. I had some to try and they're very good. Before I put them in the oven, I put a couple of cups in a small casserole dish, added some leftover pork with a tikka masala curry sauce mixed in, and put it in the oven at the same time. I tried some of that too and yum - I've invented a new recipe. I have some nice crusty rolls and if you add some cold milk, you have a complete protein and a delicious, easy supper.

I'm a little clumsy/off balance eating with just my left hand and every day have food spilled on my clothes. I may have to get a bib. There's probably some left at my grandchildren's house or maybe my son could just pin a towel around my neck. Are you laughing yet at the thought of this? I am.

I have no songs about beans, napkins, or complete proteins but have a couple that are suitable for the photo. Black Crow is a Joni Mitchell song and here is Diana Krall's wonderful version. I know these are ravens I feed but Black Raven is not a song I can find anywhere. Ingrid Mickelson is leaving us with A Bird's Song.

No comments: