Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mid January


My arm has a new home. I have a lighter and shorter sling with much less support. Forces use of the limb, I'd say, with minimal support. The arm has been sore but is better this afternoon. I will be going for light physio for three weeks and then more x-rays. I still use the immobilizor for sleeping and if I need it during the day.

Again, my friends and family are coming through like troopers. I spent the night with one friend and had three meals with another. My son called for me after work.

I walked in our snowstorm for an hour yesterday. After just having done that in Moncton recently, I wish I could do it here in the country. I did it years ago living in the city as well. I find it very exhilarating. Out here the snowplows fly by at very fast speeds and throw the snow with tremendous force, making it unsafe. No sidewalks out here.

Speaking of plows, Gospel Plow by Old Crow Medicine Show will fit right in. Though I usually would see coyote tracks, Old Crow's song, Bobcat Tracks, is perfect too with all the snow we have.

No comments: