Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rain


I'm stuffed to the gills from a big turkey dinner. I didn't know the turkey was so big - eighteen pounds - so the kids are going to be eating turkey leftovers for days. They are cleaning up the kitchen and dishes and I'm having hot flashes. What a fun Saturday night.

I am not allowed any food after midnight tonight and have to take a concoction tomorrow that is going to require me staying near a bathroom all day. I can have clear fluids only and no alcoholic beverages. I have a really great juice called Antioxia that I'm hooked on so that's what I'm having for all my meals. Two more sleeps.

The hours and hours of freezing rain that was predicted did not happen though we've had a huge amount of rain. It's still raining and there's a possibility that it will turn to freezing rain or ice pellets. That's not enough to force me to town early though. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall is an old favorit of mine. Leon Russell does a great job and here's one by The Staple Singers as well. I so love Patty Griffin and here is her song Rain from her album 1000 Kisses.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time in the bathroom tomorrow. Take a book.

Cuidado said...

Ha, ha. I'll do that.

Ralph said...

So glad I was instrumental in inspiring the meal, and that it was good!

Thinking of you.....

Cuidado said...

It was a fantastic meal too. Of course I want some today but I'm not allowed. I think when the kids eat, I'll go out walking. The aroma will drive me crazy.