Saturday, May 02, 2009

Saturday

Click to Enlarge

I saw some incredible clouds today. Here's a bit. I'm painting clouds so they came at the right time. I am going to change what I painted this morning as I was given the perfect models. Nice when it's handed to you like that.

My gardening work wasn't handed to me though and I'm feeling it already. I have to get in better shape fast. I'm not done for the day either so am again begging off a longer post because I don't have time. As the summer progresses I may cut the number of posts too, as I'm taken up with a busy work schedule. Work starts this coming week so this is advance notification that things may slow down around here....and that I have to get in better shape fast.

The fact that all my Putfile music files have disappeared saddens me so I hope the new method of bringing music to you continues uneventfully.

Did anyone see Spectacle, Elvis Costello's new TV show last night? Elton John, who is an executive producer with the show, took the interview chair for the night and interviewed the great Diana Krall. I love her. She is playing in the Maritimes at the end of the month but I will be working instead of buying a probably expensive ticket for the show. It is in Moncton which means a bridge ticket to New Brunswick too, and that raises the cost considerabally. I certainly would love to go.

I listened to her new album several times at my aunt and uncle's as they are big fans too. I don't have the album yet so you have to put up with some older ones. I love her styling and great interpretations so much! Here's Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby, as always, dedicated to my daughter and Alright, OK You Win, two favorites from my collection of favorite songs.

6 comments:

Ralph said...

I saw that Costello show..it was really a keeper. Greaet show. I think they've all been remarkable.

Cuidado said...

I like the show too, Ralph. I've seen them all but the Police episode. I especially liked the first one with Elton John.

Michael Rawluk said...

I never would have thought Elvis Costello could pull off a show like that but he is terrific.

Cuidado said...

I love the show. Elton John in the first episode was great. He's a down to earth person inside all his riches and it was nice to see him that way.

Hanan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNp79hF-xZw

- coming to southern california...

hello hello

Cuidado said...

Hey Hanan, just commented on your blog this morning under An Island Walk.