Friday, May 01, 2009

Spring Chores


Spring chores are happening everywhere on the Island. Tractors were out in most fields yesterday and the day before. Today has been cloudy with a mist of light rain now and then but not enough to keep farmers off the fields.

I've been cleaning and organizing myself, finishing up the studio from it's glass project month before last. I took the window to it's site last night and tried it in for size. It was perfect for fit and will be installed this weekend. I have some painting to finish so am setting the studio up for paint again. The uncle who I stayed with last week is also an artist and made a suggestion for the painting I painted with my aunt the week before and I want to implement his suggestion. I also want to finish the sunflower that I did in February. The next nice day will be spent in the yard and garden. Rainy days are for inside.

Jann Arden sings the song Looks Like Rain for this weekend's forecast so I'm hoping to get lots of work done inside. There's always so much to do that it's sometimes overwhelming. I am three weeks behind. It's been such a busy winter.

For something a bit more upbeat to help get some of these jobs taken care of, I need something a bit more lively. Here's Ruth Brown with As Long As I'm Movin. It makes me move, anyway.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

LUV that masthead pi and LUV Ruth Brown!

Cuidado said...

I love that masthead too. Thanks Ralph! Ruth is a dynamo, isn't she?