Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Dreaming Day


I've had the best kind of day. I felt I needed a day doing nothing in particular but changing my bed and doing laundry. I hung out sheets and blankety things, did all the folding outside, and spent the day doing just light chores but always outside. I only came in for meals and Oprah. What a glorious day! I took photos of dandelions, though they are still in the camera. I made a tiny bouquets of tiny flowers, violets and forget-me-nots, a bleeding heart. I invited a friend for supper but by voicemail. Told her she could come even if she got this at five to six. I always have lots. It's been a perfect day so far.

This song just came to mind - Happy by Martin Sexsmith. He is one of the best performers I've ever seen live so I have a soft spot for him. He was peforming solo and sounded like a whole band. I will never forget him. He has this really telling song, I Thought I Knew You. Happens to us all, eh?

Just got off the phone with my aunt. She and my uncle have just put her beautiful beach home on the market, and are looking for something with one floor. Darn, some of these age related health matters can reduce you to tears. They want to stay in their dream house forever but living on three levels is just too tough for them to manage.

Maybe if they find a lucky feather on the beach...

8 comments:

Ralph said...

I project myself into the future and see us exactly like your aunt and uncle--that's why I want to get this move into our dream house done now--I know we don't have forever....

Cuidado said...

Is your plan on one floor, Ralph? I have two floors and may face those same problems. I need to get a smaller house too.

Ralph said...

No, we have two floors, but we already know we'll install a chair lift when the time comes. A large portion of the back deck will also be flush with the house with no stairs leading to it, so we can enjoy the view outside.

Cuidado said...

I had suggested a chair lift for A and U but they had looked into it and it won't work. It's such a beautiful house and right on the beach. Very sad.

Anonymous said...

A chair lift is the way to go! I keep telling S we should put in a fireman's pole now to go down, and a chair lift later to go up.

- A

Cuidado said...

It might work on your stairs as there are no curves, A.

Anonymous said...

I want the fireman's pole out of our bedroom balcony..
-A

Cuidado said...

Perfect place for an elevator or stairs. Goodness with virgin space like that, you could design something amazing. Don't get me started. I've got ideas already.