Monday, August 28, 2006

The Best Day Off








Our Western adventure today was GREAT! We picked up my painting and had delicious coffee in Indian River and headed straight out to West Cape so we could still catch the low tide. It was glorious. There was light rain near the end of our time there but it nothing to be bothered about. It's such a wonderful beach. I just wish I could get there more often.

Our next stop was the Acadian Museum to see an exhibit of 32 Acadian painter's representation of the Expulsion or Grande D'Arrangement. Some pieces were wonderful and some were not to my taste which is the case in all exhibits, I find.

We took a scenic route home to avoid construction that we encountered on the way. It was a really cool, hilly road which was very beautiful. I don't know if I'd want to travel in it in the winter but it is certainly nice now.

Music for today: Feelin' Good by Nina Simone is one of my all time favorite songs that she does. I may have already downloaded it but if not, here it is. If I have it's back there somewhere. Also, Something Real by Phoebe Snow because we were talking about her today.

3 comments:

Ocean said...

I once saw a funnel cloud while traveling over the Kinkora Rd. think of the cool storm clouds on those hills!

Anonymous said...

Cool Pictures. What does elephant rock look like these days?

Cuidado said...

Haven't bee to Elephant Rock in years but I think the trunk disappeared a few years ago.