Friday, August 18, 2006

Eat Your Greens







Green....texture.....forgotten photos.

I've said before that I am a collector of songs. One that I have many versions of is Leonard Cohen's Halleluja. I'm pretty sure I've never uploaded Jeff Buckley's version. It is many people's absolute favorite. Since Jeff's recording career and life were short we don't have a lot of songs from him. Some believe he was a musical genius.

The only person who died early and truly was a musical genius, in my opinion, is Jimi Hendrix. I've always wondered what musical contributions he would have continued to make since he was such an innovator in his short time in the musical realm. I certainly was a huge fan. I had posters of him in my room, remember distinctly the moment I heard he'd died, had a boyfriend who looked just like him (think that's why I chose him as a boyfriend) and had all of his albums.

So today, though they're unrelated other than that they died too young and at least one, if not both, are musical geniuses are Hallejula by Jeff Buckley and a rare cut from Jimi Hendrix, with a Canadian connection. It is Red House, live from Ottawa. I guess the Hallejula is a Canadian connection too, thanks to Leonard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler N's favorite artist is Jeff Buckley. I am not the greatest fan but I do like the Hallejula song. I thing Tyler would agree that he is a musical genius. I thought he told me that he died of a drug overdose but I just looked it up and I guess he drowned. Hmmm.