Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday






Oh Wednesday, my favorite day to crawl into bed after staying up the night before playing trivia, then working a ten or eleven hour day. A real treat tonight was that my daughter, her friend and my niece had dinner ready when I get home. I rarely eat on Wednesday nights, preferring to just get to bed and off my feet. A bit of dinner has revived me and I may stay up till ten.

We didn't win at trivia last night but had lots of fun. Found out that they don't use league standings in the summer. A real shame seeing as how we're in first place. We tied for first place at the end one winter term a few years ago but lost a tie breaker and came second. First is $200.00, nothing to be scoffed at. We've come second twice and third twice but never first. This is the first time we've ever played in the summer so didn't know that it wasn't league play.

Music: I now have some energy and am going to watch So You Think You Can Dance with the girls. Some energetic music to match, I'd say. Vilma Diaz la Senora doing Mirada Latina is wonderfully rhythmic and great to dance to and an old one, Yes We Can Can by the Pointer Sisters that I danced to lots in days long past. I have a version of this song by it's writer, Alan Toussaint that Putfile won't accept. I play it a lot.

No comments: