Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cool and Jazzy


It's sunny but only ten degrees because of a cool north wind. Tomorrow should be warmer. I had planned to garden but did not want to wear a sweater. What fun is that? Gardening to me is a good excuse to be in the warm sunshine. I always say Bella is a fair weather cat and I admit I am a fair weather gardener. I can walk and hike in rain, sleet, snow and cold but I want sun and heat out in the garden.

I did lots of chores today but since I was not gardening thought I'd try a nap. I don't know why I'm not good at napping but I'm not. I was sleepy, read until I was even sleepier but could not fall past that point to sleep. I'm successful only a couple of times a year though I try more often. I should have gone for a walk probably. Should have, could have, would have, didn't.

It's still jazz month and a good reason to celebrate. I truly love jazz violin in the manner of Joe Venuti, Django Reinhardt, Yehudi Menuhin and Stephane Grappelli. When my son met his future wife and told me she played violin, I immediately envisioned he and her playing jazz violin and saxophone numbers for me. That has not come to pass. Here is a number from Stephane Grappelli that I love. If Tipsy Gypsy doesn't make you move, nothing will. S'wonderful, the Gershwin classic is here too with both Yehudi Menuhin and Stephane Grappelli. Two for the price of one.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

You know, I can't nap either. Wish I could. The best I can manage is a 15-minute doze every now and then.

Great music selections, as always, and I see Bella is just as beaufiful is Kenz.

Cuidado said...

I wonder why we can't nap. Other people seem to have no problem dropping off for a quick or long afternoon nap.

Bella is as beautiful; softer, friendlier, crankier, bossier, louder; you'd hardly believe they were from the same litter.