Sunday, April 27, 2008

Upside Down, Nose to The Ground



I was talking to my Dad in New Brunswick a while ago and asked him about the dear situation. My niece sent photos and I heard many stories this winter of deer gathering in fields. The photos are from March, of a harvested cabbage field near Sussex. The snow in the woods was very deep this winter and deer were forced to stay outside. Dad says there are still a lot of deer visible in fields wherever they go. Though there isn't any on fields now, snow disappears from the woods last. Check out the body position of the deer near center in the top photo. Isn't that hilarious?

Another sunny, cool day. Very nice but you need a jacket or sweater, a tee shirt if you're a teenager or trying to prove something. Brrr. I did more gardening and am heading out again. Scallops for dinner tonight. I'm enjoying all the fish but miss The Son too. Heard through his sister that they were eating in a restaurant in Holland that he and she had eaten in when they were there before. I think my other son is heading to Europe this week too. If so and they overlap time they are not overlapping location.

I first think of Home on the Range by Megan Mullally from Will and Grace. Got that and then there's Buffalo Girl by Chris Bathgate. Got that. Instead how about two that you'll say, "Is this from Cuidado?" Bowie and Massive Attack with Nature Boy and Walk In the Woods by Shipwreck. What can I say?

7 comments:

Ocean said...

ma, that is two deers, not a funny body position. love you

Anonymous said...

Oh those dear deer!

Cuidado said...

Really, Ocean? I still want to laugh so I'm going to believe it is one.

Cuidado said...

Dan, I told you about these huge herds. Have you come across any?

Ralph said...

Different, but always good taste. Of course they're from Cuidado.

Anonymous said...

I saw two separate herds numbering about 12-20 each, one near Jolicure, NB and the other at Northport, NS. But that was a few weeks ago.

Cuidado said...

Ralph, Hard to explain my choices sometimes, even to me.