Saturday, May 27, 2006

Changing Again




A friend of my daughters woke me up about an hour ago (2:30am) calling from Alberta and I can't get back to sleep. The field behind my house has cattle in it for a few days. I love seeing them there and I provide some entertainment for them too.

The daffodils are gone from the garden and the irises will only be here another day or so. Other things are popping up but I don't know what they're called. Photos of these plants are on the photoblog. With both of these plants if you keep deadheading they will last most of the summer.
Wonder if that might work for me.....a new head, wrinkle free, only happy thoughts, to get me through the summer.

I'm attending a potluck tomorrow and looking forward to the variety of food. I've made a rice and bean salad. It's very pretty with the purple rice I bring home from Ontario and five different kinds of beans, red and green peppers, white and green onions, celery and cucumber. It will also taste as good as it looks. Yummy treats ahead.

Lila Downs has a new album, La Cantina. Click on the link to check it out. I already had a couple of cuts from it but just found out last night that they were from a new album. It's Mexican old fashioned, traditional music which I love. I'll upload a couple for you to hear.

No comments: