Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rambling Along

Bella doesn't get featured as often as Kenz or Clarke in the photo department because she's a little more shy than they are. You can tell that's so just by looking at her. A scaredy cat.

I didn't plant my work garden yesterday because the person who tills for me wasn't available. We have arrangements for today but it is really windy so not a good day for planting those tiny lettuce seeds. It is sunny and 16 degrees but what can you do? Tomorrow is supposed to rain but if it holds off till afternoon, I may get a row in in the morning.

I've been eating fresh asparagus from my garden since Saturday. Nice fat, yummy stalks that I cook just a little so it is still basically raw but bright green and crunchy. Here's a couple of stalks I'm cutting today. Yum!

Trivia tonight. I'm going to bring big bouquets of daffodils for my friends again to replace last week's. I have so many. They are much nicer in vases than in gardens. I could cut around forty from the back garden and from a distance it wouldn't make a difference to the look of the garden. Just realized our trivia master didn't get any last week. Must make sure she does tonight. Hmmmmm....I wonder if it will help our score?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Nice picture of Chicky! Not so much for the asparagus tho.