Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wish You Could Smell Those Lilacs Like I Can




My daughter's friend from Alberta who calls in the middle of the night just called again and woke me up. This has to stop! The kids can be downstairs partying and making lots of noise and I never wake up but the telephone wakes me up and each time leaves me with a thumping heart.

I can't believe how big the blossoms are this year on both apple trees and lilac trees. The blooms are very large and full. I've truly never seen them this way. It's so weird writing about them and seeing their picture and, at the same time, smelling them since I have vases of them all over. Lilacs are one of the worlds greatest smells.

Another great smell is the beach. I've been there the last two days and the smell is incredible! The road has been graded so I'm able to drive down. I needed rubble to redo my back beach so I got several pails and started repairs today. I will be finished tomorrow and will probably want to tackle the side but will fight the urge until next year. I'm exhausted from it all and am just a little pissed at having been woken up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are lupins... right? We have a few in a pot and so far we have one that is just starting to turn yellow and another that is slightly coral in color. But in the ground, they look twice as big!! I think I will be adding these to my list along with irises!

:)