Saturday, May 13, 2006

Me and My Mom

My youngest son is home from Halifax. We're going to Mother's Day brunch tomorrow. The kids tend to do anything they can to distract me from my thoughts on Mother's Day because it is the most difficult day of the year for me. I loved my mother more than anyone. Don't get me started.

Last year wasn't so bad. I got through the day without a tear......the first since my Mother's death in '98. We're not counting the whole week leading up to Mother's Day. Or the week after.........the week of her birthday. Someday I hope to be able to cope with her loss a little better. I've been very weepy this week.....every time I hear the phrase Mother's Day and every time I hear the date May 19th.

I have a friend whose birthday is May 19th and I thought I might offer to help him celebrate. Anyway, tomorrow I am going to brunch with two of my kids and hope to get through the day without turning into a blubbering mess like I am right now.

No comments: