Saturday, January 03, 2009

Brand New


I'm tired out and if it wasn't almost five o'clock, I'd have a nap. I finished all the shoveling today and it was longer and harder than I anticipated. I thought I had done about half yesterday but underestimated. I also woke up with a sore neck from having slept in an awkward position. I think you know what I mean as we've probably all done it. Anyway, after all the shoveling, my neck is very sore.

It was exactly the same temperature today as yesterday (-9 celcius) but there was a world of difference in how it felt. Yesterday was still very windy and mostly cloudy. Today was calm and sunny. I had to come in a couple of times yesterday to warm my fingers. Today I had to take my hat off while I was shoveling. I would have liked to have had time to go walking somewhere pretty with my camera.

Speaking of cameras, I am expecting a new one in the mail on Monday. My two youngest children again gave me a camera for Christmas. I got to pick it out and we ordered it a few days later. It is a Canon SX10 IS and I am pretty excited about it. I have very wonderful and generous childern who realize it's best to keep Mommy busy and occupied.

In honour of the new camera I've got a couple of 'Brand New' songs. They're actually old songs that you'll recognize: the 1070's Brand New Key by Melanie Safka and Brand New Companion by Townes Van Zandt from his '07 album Be Here to Love Me.

It's taken what seems like hours to get here. I've been cooking, answered the phone several times and got into lengtly conversations. I started at just after four and it's now almost six-thirty. Now my son has just arrived home for dinner.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

Cuidado, I'm listening to Lila Downs on the photoblog as I write. Wanted to let you know I read that sad, sad story about the kitty in Florida. There's no adequate way to respond to such a thing, but I wanted you to know I was moved my it. So sorry your time in the warm sun was marred by that horrendous happening.

Cuidado said...

It was certainly horrendous. Pit Bulls are a problem whenever they get loose. I keep thinking it could have been a child playing in their yard. Thanks, Ralph.

Anonymous said...

20X zoom! Holy crap!! Any more, and it would be 'spy grade'..

I hope you enjoy it!
-A

Cuidado said...

I got it today!!!! I'm very excited but have been too busy to play with it, maybe tomorrow.