Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter's Embrace


For some reason the surprise songs I posted yesterday did not work. I do it the same way every day. After I found out that they weren't working I went back and did the same steps again, the ones I always do, and everything worked fine. When I entitled the post, Hiccup, I had no idea that it was going to turn into one.

I had another hiccup this week, a cooking failure. Not a failure where we couldn't eat the food or anything like that. Just something that wasn't up to par; didn't reach the grade of delicious. My baked beans got the failing grade. I've been baking beans for forty years and have always had them turn out. I think I was short on something, probably the molasses.

The cold spell continues into it's 3rd or 4th day. There is an end in sight with temps of -10 forecast for Sunday or Monday. It was never anything we couldn't handle; it was just cold.

There is no particular theme to the music today. Lots of people have covered Streets of Philadelphia but no one does it like it's creator, Bruce Springsteen. Here's I live version I picked up somewhere. The Gift of Grace by Denison Witmer is a nice quiet song that will fit today. Staying nice and quiet is what the cold weather tends to make us want to do.

8 comments:

Ralph said...

The Denison Witmer song was interrupted by that ITN Amy Winehouse clip. I took your advice and looked for a way to "x" it out. There was none. I let the clip play through, thinking the song would resume. It didn't. It just continued with ITN news clips. Maybe the site acts differenly with account owners than with visitors. If were you I'd quit z-share.

Cuidado said...

Ralph, Am ad came on but at the top right there was a skip this ad button. I don't subscribe. It's free.I press the same link as you to get there. I am using this site because Putfile won't let me upload any more.

Anonymous said...

I liked your previous layout much better

Cuidado said...

Sorry, Anonymous. I had to change from the Old Blogger to the one with Layout. I love dark backgrounds and don't know how to make them myself. I chose the previous one because of it's dark background.

Anonymous said...

I love your new header
Cath

Cuidado said...

Thanks, Cath. I can change it whenever I want.

Ralph said...

Cuidado, I hope you'll forgive the curtness of may last comment about interruptions in the music. I was just in the moment, having just experienced it, and was showing a temporary pique. You're a sweetie and I don't want to lose visiting rights!~

P.S. Love the new look!

Cuidado said...

Ralph, No worries,I'm just as confused as you.