Monday, September 03, 2007

Blues In The Night


It's 4:30 in the morning - an hour before I usually get up and I've been up for an hour already. I've been waking around three off and on for a couple of weeks. I'm going to stay up and since it's a holiday and I have the day off, I'll have a nap this afternoon.

I've had a very busy weekend. I had a small party Saturday night. In the early evening I had a call from a friend in Halifax saying that she and three others were coming over for the weekend. They called at 12:30 or so with changed plans and didn't come. My niece and two other people arrived yesterday but didn't stay the night - just came to visit. I had to work a shift at the second job which went very well. I made three batches of pickles between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning (but not during the party). It was Labour Day weekend after all.

The weather has really cooled off. Overnight it has become really windy and cold. My bedroom window is wide open and that could be why I kept waking through the night. Too tired to get up to close it. I bet if I went up there now I'd find Bella under the covers. She was laying really close to me - crowding me out really.

A couple of versions of a fabulous song that is appropriate for the middle of the night are already up but most likely in the land of the disparu. Blues In the Night is the song and the very different versions are from Dr. John and Katie Melua. Great song!

Sorry about the terrible photo but it's now impossible to delete a photo once it's up as you could in the past. I would normally just delete the whole post but this time I was finished everything else and put the photo up last - opposite of my usual way. It is the middle of the night after all....

No comments: