Sunday, September 09, 2007

Time For Birthdays


I've heard about thirty people having birthdays this week with one in my own family tomorrow. I know why there are so many birthdays right now. These were people concieved Christmas/New Years week. A popular time for conceptions, it seems.

I attended my good friend's fiftieth birthday last night but left before the other celebrant (who was fifty-eight) arrived. I had to be up early for the new job so was a good girl and thought better of staying late. It was really fun though. These friends live in a beautiful beachfront home but thought the weather might be cool because of it being September so planned the party elsewhere. It turned out to be the hottest day of the summer. Sure would have been nice to be in the water yesterday but we had lots of fun anyway. It was just sweaty fun.

Music is for my son who is having one of those milestone birthdays. I just don't understand how he got to be this age. I'm not sure I'm as old as he is yet. It has to be Dylan for my boy and since he's heard it all, I'm sending along a live cut from a concert and a bootleg. Here's The Times We've Known and Heart of Mine. Happy Birthday, Darling!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Nicoles birthday on Saturday also.
Cath

Cuidado said...

That's right. All that Christmas merriment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the songs Mom. S is moving into a 'big-girl bed' tonight (Wednesday) if I can pick up the mattress and assemble the bed before she goes to sleep :)
-A