Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Sixties?


Had a spontaneous little get together yesterday with some people dropping in after work so no blogging got done. I probably would have written about how cold and really, really windy it was. Today is beautiful butonly nineteen degrees. We are having twenty nine tomorrow and going back down to nineteen the next day. Up and down.

This evening I am going to the wake of the girl I mentioned had died on Tuesday. There will be long lines, I'm sure; much like the wake I went to a couple of months ago where the deceased was in his twenties. This is so tragic and our community is stunned about it. When you have teens, a car accident, alcohol poisining, silly pranks are always in the back of your mind which actually help prepare you if anything happens to them. Nothing prepares you for this.

I'm reading a book about the sixties, Do You Believe In Magic by Annie Gottelieb, for the second time. Here's some music from those times. Crosby Stills Nash and Young with Teach Your Children , Suzie Q from Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Moody Blues with Nights In White Satin. Those are from today. Here are a couple more....1....2...3... An aside: My mother was ok with all of my music from this era, even Frank Zappa, but she did not like The Moody Blues. She couldn't stand them and I never understood that about her.

No comments: