Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Al Green Rocks


I'm working late afternoons and evenings this week so this will be my new blogging time for a bit.

My son who lives here in PEI had some business in Atlanta and is now on a much deserved vacation for a couple of weeks. I knew all of his plans but it didn't occur to me that he would be flying from the USA to Canada on September 11th. My sister-in-law told me he was nervous about it but hadn't told me. Suddenly I was really worried, almost panicy. The phone rang at that instant, less than two minutes after I was told about this and it was my son to tell me he was at my daughter's apartment in Calgary. Whew!!

I have a couple of versions of a great old song today. Love and Happiness was a big hit for Al Green in the early seventies. It's been copied by Marc Broussard, who has done covers of quite a few old soul songs. I wore out a few Al Green albums back in the seventies and still listen to him a lot, especially live cuts. He's now known as the Right Reverend Al Green. I always get a kick out of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind having the pictures you were talking about yesterday too same as Stephen a few a day would be great.
If you don't mind..
E-mail me and tell me about your new job I haven't heard what it is ..
Alf