Monday, September 17, 2007

Mushroomy Monday


I went on a five kilometer hike this morning but not in my usual woods. I went to a new spot and I'm very glad I did. I got a couple of pounds of chanterelles. Oh, boy!!!! I thought they would be passed season by now but since it's been fairly wet the season is still apon us. I found they keep very well in the fridge whic is good because I have lots. I have cooked and frozen them in the past, as well. Yum, yum, yum!!!

The walk would have been wonderful even without the mushrooms. I get complete joy being in the woods. The ferny, mossy smell overpowers me every time. I walked very quickly on the two and half km. up the trail so the endorphens were raging. I walked more slowly on the way bach as I was having to stop to gather the mushrooms.

I usually match the music theme to the rest of the post somehow but not today. Today's music theme is 'boat' which has absolutely nothing to do with the woods, mushrooms or hiking. Yesterday when I listened to The Waterboys I also listened to their song, Strange Boat. That made me think of Lyle Lovett's, If I Had a Boat. I have that but also a version by The Holmes Brothers, which I'm putting up today. Funny thing: both songs are both 3:06 in length.

No comments: