Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sour Grapes


Twice today there were Island-wide power outages. The first one only lasted a second but knocked out the Aliant server for half the morning. When the server came back, I restarted the computer, made a cd, printed out the playlist, and decided to uninstall a printer that my daughter had borrowed for a week but never uninstalled. It said you must restart the computer to finish the uninstall. It was restarting when the power went off again - this time for 10 - 15 minutes. Aaarrrrgggghhh! It takes a good ten minutes to restart my computer because I have Norton 2007 and it has to do it's long-lasting thing every time. So that is three times this morning which is enough to make a person very frustrated.

I made a cd for my aunt and uncle who had a gift hand delivered to me a few weeks ago. Since I am going to be seeing another aunt who will then be seeing them, I will have her hand deliver something for me. It's all easy listening latin like Pink Martini and the Gilbertos and such.

That's not the music I'm giving you today though. I'll play the association game. Sour grapes reminds me of I Heard It Through The Grapevine. Here it is by the wonderful Bettye LaVette. That song reminds me, and probably you, of Gladys Knight. Here she is with If I Were Your Woman. It's an easy game that I play most days to choose the music that I put up here.

No comments: