Friday, July 04, 2008

For My American Friends


Just saw, when signing in that this is my 7ooth post. I feel a little bad because I really only have time to post some music today. I promised a friend on another blog that I would put a song on yet another blog to celebrate the American holiday today. That's the music for here today too. I saw Martin Sexton seven years ago this weekend and bought his self-titled album at this time. He was amazing in concert. With just an acoustic guitar, he somehow sounded like a whole band. I like his albums but live he is incredible. That's certainly not the case with everyone. Sometimes the albums are better. This is Martin's rendition of America The Beautiful. He is playing this weekend at Stanfest, where I saw him seven years ago. Another Americana song is The Battle of New Orleans. It's been by a whole lot of individuals bands. Here it is by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Happy Independence Day, y'all!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Thanks, Cuidado, for the commemoration.

Ralph said...

Thanks for thinking of us, friend!