Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday It Is


It is snowing. It is not unexpected to get snow in March, anytime in March, and sometimes in April in these parts. That's all I'm going to say about the weather for today. I am not going to scream or say nasty things to bruise your tender senses.

I'm feeling the need to have a few relaxing days so that's what I've been doing. I'm busy enough with some small jobs on the list each day but nothing major. It feels good. I did run some errands and I had a friend in today so I'm not entirely away from it all but I feel I am regarding deadlines or obligations. Mental health days, I've heard them called.

I've been enjoying watching the ducks on the pond. They are in 'fight for your territory' mode. I have two or three pairs of mallards and a pair of black ducks arrived overnight. They were pushed down to the far end of the pond several times today. It is interesting to watch and educational too.

I've got a couple of duets for the musical selections today. I heard a really great harmony on Kat's blog and went for all harmony songs on my playlist since I've sat down. Here's Marc Broussard and Leanne Rimes with When It's Good and a Bob Dylan song I played not long ago sung by The Byrds. This version of You Ain't Goin Nowhere is from Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova

6 comments:

Ralph said...

Love that mastehad pic today! And isn't it nice to be able to simply choose to take it easy now and then?

Cuidado said...

Ha, I've been trying to get the masthead to fit while you were here. Thanks. I love the little chickadees. Yes, you need some restful days sometimes and I'm glad I can take one.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Your pictures have been wonderful and now these 3 crows ... you have a real knack for capturing them the last shot of the cliff and the distance reminds me of down the Fundy Trail...

Cuidado said...

Hey Gwen, I have other blogs, all photo blogs. They're all listed on the right. That last photo is of my local little beach that gets no visitors but me. How wonderful is that!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Amazing paradise.. is what it is!!!

But you know that!!

Cuidado said...

Oh, yes, Gwen. It is paradise.