Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two More Sleeps


This is a view of some of the drifts from the last snowstorm. It's in a windy area but drifts were like that everywhere. Note that there is no snow on other parts of the ground. Now a week and a half later, it's pretty well sunk into the ground.

I'm busy packing for my trip....only two more sleeps. It will be nice to have a change of scenery and a change of view; some other people to look at. The last part meant for the grandchildren in particular. Seeing them so seldom results in me almost wanting to eat them up. They are soooo cute and sweet. I hope they're not afraid of me.

When I get home, the snow drifts should have disappeared and spring really taken hold. It will be time to garden. I'm looking forward to that very much. There's always so much to look forward to, is there not?

A couple of days of travelling music seems appropriate. This version of Travelling Shoes from Little Feat is from a while back, 1972. I have all of their old albums on vinyl and still listen to and like the few songs I have on the hard drive. They have my favorite album title of all times - Feats, Don't Fail Me Now. Katie Melua does a fine job of On the Road Again. It's from her 2005 album, Piece by Piece. I sure do like her songs and covers. You'll find some others on Page One.

No comments: