Monday, April 30, 2007

Home Again, Home Again


This says it all! The end of my vacation was spent in the company of these little cuties and their lovely parents. I had such a great time with my grandkids. I was a playing and reading machine for one and someone new to melt for the other. We spent the whole day outside yesterday after a couple of days of rain. Grandma was happy!

I was moved many times as I visited the young and the old. In your fifties you really get to see both sides of life. I visited an uncle with dementia but watched his grandchildren flourishing. My father's partner was having serious medical issues so I was in frequent contact with him all the while visiting with my own grandchildren. Life and it's decline keep happening.

Coming home is always nice and a bit surreal. Everything you left is right there where you left it, metaphorically. There are always changes....there has been a death of a good friend's loved one, blank election signs are up, the 20 - 25 year can ban has been lifted. Life and death kept happening.

I've missed picking out music. After those last couple of paragraphs, I've chosen something light. Megan Mullally from Will and Grace ( did you know she could sing?) does a nice version of Home on the Range and Chantel Kreviazuk does an updated version of the Beatles' song In My Life.

No comments: