Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Vacation's Over


My aunt and uncle live on the largest freshwater beach in the world and see some fabulous sunsets. This is one of them. The black in the center of the water is ice, which by the time I left, had broken up and blown into the beach. I got as many pictures of sunsets as my grandchildren it turns out.

Islanders woke to snow flurries this morning. Absolutely depressing! That's all I'm going to say about that.

It amazes me how much music there is out there. Just catching up on my favorite music blogs since yesterday has blown my mind. I can't believe how many new artists there are who I've never heard of. I read blogs with new music as well as old artists, many no longer alive. I was reading about Jerry Garcia this morning and right now I'm listening to a fellow called Chris Bathgate that I really like and who is completely new to me. He reminds me of many singers from the past with his mellow, folky sound. You can check him out on The Late Greats. I'm linking you to the whole blog not the songs of Chris Bathgate so check down the songs till you see him.

I traveled Far and Wide and woke up this morning Safe and Sound, alas seeing snow. That's my music for today from respectively, Jeff DeWester and Hawksley Workman.

1 comment:

PJ van Zyl said...

I could do with a view like that every evening
you have a very nice blog and great photos
have a great week