Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Early Posting


I need a bit of a break from outdoors believe it or not. Well, not from outdoors per se but from lifting, toting, shoveling, digging, pulling, dumping, that kind of thing. Im not finished with the shed but needed an outdoor job today to get some sun. That part is glorious. My property requires a lot of gardening maintenence with "the beach", both below deck and on the deck and various gardens. I'm feeling my age this spring.

I picked daffodils last night and am having asparagus tonight. Yeah. I knew things would move rapidly ahead once the sun came out. All the conditions were there. We just needed warmth.

I had the front door open and music blasting while I worked. These songs now keep going through my head. I Want to Be Your Mother's Son In Law by Macy Grey and Dance Me To The End of Love by Madeleine Peyroux. I can't believe I have neither one uploaded, actually. Dance Me is hidden on page one, I just can't find it so I've uploaded it again. My aunt and uncle had taped a Madeleine Peyroux concert for me to watch while I was visiting. Very good concert and nice to put a face to the music.

Coincidence Number Six: Twin brothers, killed on the same road, two hours apart
On 2002, Seventy-year-old twin brothers have died within hours of one another after separate accidents on the same road in northern Finland. The first of the twins died when he was hit by a lorry while riding his bike in Raahe, 600 kilometres north of the capital, Helsinki. He died just 1.5km from the spot where his brother was killed. "This is simply a historic coincidence. Although the road is a busy one, accidents don't occur every day," police officer Marja-Leena Huhtala told Reuters. "It made my hair stand on end when I heard the two were brothers, and identical twins at that. It came to mind that perhaps someone from upstairs had a say in this," she said. (Source: BBC News)

Addendum. I know of two men, twins, who lost their legs in vehicle accidents a week apart. One lost his left leg, one his right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dog looks like Scotia?!
-A

Cuidado said...

That's Ulu.